Monday, April 27, 2009

THE END

And there it is, I'm back in Santiago, rainy, grey Santiago, as it happens. My last day in Africa was also rainy (not as cold though, naturally), as if the weather suddenly decided to reflect my feelings. I was sad to leave, you've no idea how sad.

We got to the airport and a security guy didn't want to let Jandro in with me for check-in. In the end he did, after enquiring, insightfully, if I was Jandro's daughter. I guess the tropical climate really DOES wonders for your skin...

Then 7 hours on the plane and at 5:35 am I got to Paris. My next flight was scheduled for 9:45 and it was a bit late because of "ground crew strike thank you for your understanding" and I landed in Vigo at 12:20. As I was getting my suitcase, a customs officer approached me. I was barely awake as he asked me where I was coming from. "Libreville", I said. "Where?" "Libreville." "Where is that?" "Libreville in Gabon." "Gabon? Wow, and what's it like?" Jesus Christ, I thought. And said: "Great. Hot. Nothing to declare, thank you." A taxi took me to the train station and two hours later I got off the train in my beloved Santiago, which welcomed me with 10 degrees and a disgusting rain. I gave up the plan of going home by bus (good luck going up the Hórreo with a suitcase the size of your armario, wearing zapatillas and with no paraugas) and took another taxi. All in all, I spent nearly 20 hours in different means of transport. Libreville is damn far away.

And that's it. The end of my African adventure, for now.
In the picture me after my African makeover. What do you think? :)

Come back in two months. I will. To Libreville.

1 comment:

  1. I insist you come to the wedding in your African outfit! :-D Bicasos from Poland!

    ReplyDelete