Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FAREWELL DIARY

Saying goodbye is never easy. And neither is leaving. When I first came to Libreville it was full of strange, new places. With time, they have become familiar and comfortable, and, without even knowing when, I started feeling that I was really chez moi in Gabon. Sadly, the time has come to leave, to do everything for the last time, and, above all, to say au revoir to all the amazing people we've met.

Right about now you're thinking that I'm getting sentimental. That I will write a long whiny entry on how sad I am to leave. What great people I've met and how I'm going to miss them. But no, fear not! Even though I feel extremely whiny, I will stop myself from sharing - this is my great parting gift to you. Instead, I will tell you about the logistics of our last week in Gabon.

Behold, here comes the tight schedule of goodbying aka the Farewell Diary:

Friday, 7th January
- Prepare the Goodbye Gabon Party
- Host the Goodbye Gabon Party
- Make sure a certain Polish person gets to Ntoum (obscure as it seems, it is a secret message for those who actually got to attend the party!).

Saturday, 8th January
- Take the kids from Arc En Ciel to the beach for one last time
- Attend a galette de rois party hosted by E & J

Sunday, 9th January
- Go to the beach for one last time
- Play Scrabble
- Do nothing

Monday, 10th January
- Try to assess if our stuff enters our suitcases
- Face the obvious truth that our stuff does not enter our suitcases
- Decide how many extra suitcases we need and start throwing away some of our stuff
- Have dinner with M & G

Tuesday, 11th January
- Prepare the goodbye party at Jandro's office
- Have the goodbye party at Jandro's office
- Say goodbye to the cleaning lady
- Have a goodbye party at Arc En Ciel
- Have dinner with Jandro's colleagues

Wednesday, 12th January
- Have morning tea with N & C
- Have coffee with J
- Bye a gift for Kasia's parents
- Say goodbye to N's kids
- Have dinner with E & J and E & E

Thursday, 13th January
- Pack up the flat
- Get exasperated while packing up the flat
- Overcome the crisis
- Buy extra luggage
- Get a massage (yes, really!)
- Have dinner with N & G and S & T

Friday, 14th January
- Relax
- Take a walk at the beach
- Say goodbye to everyone yet again
- Catch a very big plane

As you can see, we are a tad busy. It is physically challenging, above all for our stomachs, because it seems that all we do is eat. However, I'm far from complaining. I am touched and greatful that I have so many fantastic people to say goodbye to. I guess what I'm really trying to say is thank you. Also for the great presents!

Oops, getting sentimental again. I'll go then. Let me just check what's next on my to-do list for Wednesday...

3 comments:

  1. Kasia, kiedy dokładnie będziecie w PL? Widziałam się dziś z Olą, Rui'm i Magdą Dryll i był poruszany temat Waszego przyjazdu :)

    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tak, warto najpierw przeczytać, zanim się zacznie zadawać pytania :P Anyway, mam nadzieję, że jak już się ogarniecie, to dasz znać i skęcimy jakieś spotkanko :)))

    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Au revoir, Kasia! Que Dieu Vous Benisse!

    ReplyDelete